Apparel | Arts | Automotive | Business | Communications | Computer | Education | Electronics | Employment | Entertainment | Family | Financial | Fitness | Food | Games | General | Gifts | Government | Health | Home | Internet | Kids | Pets | Professional | Recreation | Reference | Science | Shopping | Society | Sports | Travel
Auto Body Repair
Keeping Up with Auto Body Repair
A car is one of the most valued possessions for any individual. Thus, if there is any damage to the car, the car owner skips a heartbeat. Any damage to the car must be immediately fixed so as to avoid any further problems to the car. Repairing the body of the automobile is a prime concern for any car owner. There are a large number of damages that can be caused to the car in everyday life. The exterior of the car can suffer from dents, scrapes,scratches, peeling paint, and more. There are a large number of repairing techniques in which any car damage can be fixed. There are a few simple techniques that are used to mend any damage to your vehicle. However there are some other complicated means that require skilled workers. So, it is possible to repair minor changes at home. However, for major damages there is no alternative to taking the car to a car-repairing unit.
The repairing process is described as follows:
1) For any repair, the first step is to clean the car thoroughly.
2) For repairing the car body, it is necessary to have finesse as well as the right technology.
3) To repair scratches on the car, it is necessary to have sandpaper along with a wet sponge. With these, scratch edges need to be feathered. The scratch is eliminated once the fingers feel an absolute smooth surface.
4) For bigger and deeper scratches, it is necessary to use body putty or fillers.
5) To know whether a scratch has been removed or not, it is always advised to make use of hands and fingers rather than just looking at it. After applying the paint and drying it, the final sanding needs to be done with the help of 1000-grit wet sandpaper. After this, rubbing compound can be used to make the car shine.
Another difficult problem to tackle is to eradicate corrosion. The basic rule is to eradicate the corrosion completely in the first attempt. If the corrosion is left out for a long time, then it cannot be removed even after several attempts. It is necessary that to remove the corrosion, the rust is grinded to bare metal. Generally, an orbital or a circular or sanders are the most proficient tools. While repairing this problem, it is advised to drill holes around the area of corrosion. This is required to form a base for the body repair screen. After mending the patch, applying body putty and sanding is necessary to be done for securing a smooth surface.
There are several repairing techniques that can be implemented. A car is priceless for any car owner and hence he must treat it like a queen. So, all the hard work in repairing the body of the automobile is justified.